Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Liebster Award!

My internet pal Megan @ Butterfly Dreams N' Things nominated me for the Liebster Award!



Fabulous!

I started following Megan's blog what seems like ages ago when I started this blog to chronicle my wedding planning insanity adventure :)  Megan and her husband (Aron with one A!) had their wedding a few weeks before we did in Colorado, and I have loved reading about all her plans and recaps.  Go read her blog because she is really awesome :)

This award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kind, lovely, endearing, and welcome.

How it works:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you and create 11 questions for bloggers you have tagged.
3. Choose up to 11 bloggers and link them to your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs.

Here are the questions Megan asked:

1. What is your favorite TV show?
This is tough because I watch a flipping ton of TV... probably The Office.  I could watch it all day, every day and it never ever gets old!  An honorable mention goes to any reality TV show, because I watch almost all of them religiously.  ::hangs head in shame::

2. Are you a sports enthusiast?
Not exactly?  But.  The sport I most enjoy watching is basketball, and my team is the Dallas Mavs.  I got into them in college when my friends and I would go watch every game because our favorite bar served $1 beers.  I also support UT Baseball (University of Texas) because my now retired Uncle Howard was one of the coaches, and a former player, and his son/my cousin Bryan is also an alumni of the team.  So because of this my whole family bleeds burnt orange.  I also support any athletic endeavors of my alma matter UNT (University of North Texas) however futile they normally are.  It's an art school...lol.  And of course, anything is fun when you are there to witness the action in person!

3. Do you sometimes believe that you were born in the wrong decade?
Not particularly.  I totally would have loved to live through some of the times of the past, but I can tell you one thing.  I freakin' love the 90's!  I feel that I was born at just the right age where that was the decade I could fully appreciate.  Everything that is pure and wonderful came from the 90's.  Ok maybe not, lol.  I think most people end up loving the decade that was happening when they were young and carefree, and the 90's is mine!  

4. What is your favorite Summer activity?
I live in Texas, so I pretty much hate summer.  I try to hibernate indoors until it is over.  The only enjoyable parts are going to the beach and eating an insanely large amount of ice-cream.  But really, I do that all seasons...
5. What is the one thing you can't leave the house without and why?
I would say my phone, but I leave without it mistakenly all the time, and it is horrible.  Otherwise, my keys are a definite must have.
6. What kind of car do you drive?
An '08 Dodge Caliber.  It is an okay car.  It can hold a lot of stuff, which is cool and it has a drink cooler in the glove box.  It doesn't work that well but it is quite an interesting feature.

7. What movie can you quote backwards and forwards?
Napoleon Dynamite, the most under rated movie of our generation.  And probably about 12 others.  If I have seen a movie more than once, it is likely I have seen in 900 times.
8. When you were little, what did you say you wanted to be when you grew up?
An astronaut and a singer.  I failed. :(  lol
9. What one product are you currently addicted to?
I can't thing of anything I would claim an addiction to that isn't food related, however:  I recently tried this natural deodorant called Crystal - www.thecrystal.com  and I am actually shocked at how well it is working for me.  Granted, I don't put it through the wringer or anything - I try to sweat as little as possible.  But it doesn't have any of those chemically things or anything and I can go an entire day without stinking.  It's a good thing.  lol   
10. What was the last song you listened to in your car?
It was either Call Me Maybe, or something Katy Perry, because that is all they ever play :\
11. Do you sing at the top of your lungs while alone in your car?
only sometimes: 

lolz.

Ok, now questions for those I am tagging:

1.  What is your favorite quote or line from Napoleon Dynamite?
2.  If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
3. What would be the ideal super power for you and why.
4. Which game show would you want to be on because you are certain you would beat the pants off of everyone?
5. What did you want to be when you grew up?
6. What was the last good book you read?
7. What are the last 3 things your purchased from the internet?
8. Do you, or do you not, like meatloaf (the food).
9. You just won $5000 in the lottery.  Do you spend it on bills or something fun?  Explain.
10. What is your favorite cause to donate your money or time to?
11.  Who is your favorite judge on any reality singing contest show?

Tag, you're it!:

If someone reads this and has a blog - consider yourself tagged ;)


1 comment:

Laura said...

aw thanks for the nomination, just seeing this now! I did the liebster award too last month... hope you are well!