Friday, May 13, 2011

Building a Beautiful Table: Chairs

Building a beautiful table:
Phase one

Chairs:
I know, I thought I said this was about tables.  I lied.  Lol
My favorite wedding chairs are just those chiavari chairs simple and don't really draw attention away from the table.

 I don’t have this option at this venue, which is fine.  Renting them from an outside company is in the neighborhood of $8 a chair.  Idon’tthinkso!  The Petroleum Club of Houston has some okay chairs.  They are black cathedral chairs with a rounded back with this sort of weird gold rope trim, and gold legs.  They aren’t the most unfortunate looking chairs in the world, but they will just look immensely better with chair covers.
 closeup of the trim (ignore that guy)


That being said, I usually hate the look of chair covers.
I feel like I am drowning in a sea of fabric.  And while they look pretty before the party starts, they soon start to look like your couch once that couch cover gets all mangled and tangled from being sat on half a dozen times – and you are doing pretty good if you don’t trip all over them just to get to the bathroom! 
someone throw me a floatie.

And then the spandex chair covers are available, but those just look like alien chairs to me.
Tell me what's next, alien $#% - Kanye


And I would imagine those would be kind of slippery to sit on?

And the giant bows on the backs are bothersome too.  Can we not get anything a little less 80’s prom looking?  Let’s evolve, people.

And I bring you, distinctive details!

I want that chair.  (The one on the right)   


No comments: