Saturday, February 5, 2011

Family Plan!


Today was a bittersweet day.  

I got up, like any other day.  Had to go off to my VITA site for my volunteer tax preparation gig.  Upon leaving, I go to check my phone which has been in my purse the whole time - and there staring me in the face was the white screen of death.  Resetting and updating did nothing to fix the situation.  But then the lines showed up.  White screen with lines = your beloved iphone is totaled.  So this got me in a very sour mood because I did nothing wrong.  The phone was safely in my purse - I didn't drop it, or throw it, or get it wet, nothing.  And to add insult to injury, I am due for a new phone upgrade on 3/1/11.  Seriously.  So my options were to go pay full price for a new phone with AT&T (where my calls get dropped like a hot potato), go 3 weeks without a phone, or get signed on with A's plan with Sprint.  I chose A's plan because I have been consistently unhappy with the service I get on the AT&T network, and also because the plan is $25 cheaper per month.  So A is stuck with me (or at least my cell phone bill) for a minimum of 2 years.  No backing out now, my friend!  lol.  My new phone is nice.  I really dig the purple color.  Back in the day I was all about the festive colored phones.  It will take some getting used to though, and I will miss the super user friendliness of the iphone.  And I still am a little bummed, I wasn't ready to say goodbye...  
But something about a silly cell phone 'family plan' makes my heart smile.  <3

No comments: