Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Meeting with Fr. S



I had my first meeting with Fr. S on Monday regarding the wedding and becoming Orthodox.  I wish I had more to say, but the meeting was very basic.  He asked me about my church background (which is minimal) and my family.  I got a rundown of how the Orthodox wedding ceremonies go, and a little history of that.  Then he was explaining the process of becoming "some church jargon word" into the church (converting).  I will have to meet with him and take classes about the history and practice of the faith.  It was also suggested that A and I go to pre-marital counciling with Fr. J, the other preist at church.  That should be interesting!  Then he was explaining what the foundation for Orthodoxy is: it is about healing(from sin?), and to lead a good, simple life of prayer.  Then he asks me if we had any plans for the reception or whatnot yet - so I felt saying super deluxe Hotel Zaza party was inappropriate, and just said we weren't sure yet.  But overall, the meeting was a good outline of what is in store for me, and I feel pretty eager to get on board with all of it.
But, Hotel Zaza and Orthodox Christianity seem to contradict one another... :\

No comments: