Monday, January 31, 2011

The Parador



The problem with the Parador is that we toured it right after Hotel Zaza.  So when you test drive a Toyota Camry right after a Porsche, it just isn't fair to the Camry.
Toyota Camry's are nice cars.  They are practical, they get the job done.  Roomy and have quality craftsmanship.  I mean, they aren't a Geo Metro or anything by a long shot.  But that Porsche was flipping sweet.
In all actuality, The Parador is much more A and I's speed, because we aren't ultra glam gals about town all the time, we are just average Joes.  The Parador is actually kind of cool in an opposite of boutique hotels way.  It was an old church back in the 1920s, so the building is very vintage style hip, and it has a really awesome domed ceiling.  And the space is really good.  Perfect for the amount of people we want, it isn't nearly as annoying to get to as somewhere downtown.  And it is just one building, and it is all yours.  No other hotel patrons or other parties going on, so that gives it a cool intimate feel.  And the dress I have in my mind that I thought I would like to wear would fit in the setting nicely.  And the location is down the street a little further than Zaza, therefore in second place perfect.  My Mom was ready to put a deposit down on this place after the tour because it is very reasonable price wise in comparison to other places we were looking at.  And really, it is very 'us'. 
On the other hand, the Parador is just about in the scary ghetto: see the map below.

So we don't want to be like 'Welcome to Houston everyone, hope you are packin'...'  (It really isn't that bad, but still)  Location is really the only downside I could come up with.

AND
Stop me if this is so so dumb.  No wait, don't because then I can't say it.  So on Friday when I was at work and talking to my co-workers about our weekend plans, I learn that my co-worker is going to a wedding at the Parador in a couple of months.  So dumb right.  Like 8000 people don't get married everywhere all the time!  But it is like 2 degrees of separation, and I don't like doing stuff that other people do, lol.  I am sure I could get over it just fine, and I know I am being ridiculous, but that sort of made me not want to like it a little bit, so that I could be original.  So dumb.  

But in closing, the Parador is a very nice venue, and I like the style of it a lot.  And I like the price of it a whole lot.  And there are many things about the place that would make life so much easier and conducive to having a great and fun time.  So I suppose we shall see.

No comments: