Monday, January 31, 2011

Hotel Zaza

Want.  OMG Want.
I know I said I thought I was in love with the Magnolia Hotel, but the Magnolia is like the ex boyfriend who you thought was the one until you really meet the one and realize that before, you had no idea what you were talking about.  I don't know what it is about Hotel Zaza, but that place has got a spell on me.  I can't get it out of my head.  Before I had ever even stepped foot in that place I had already deemed it my dream wedding spot.  And that decision was made well before I was ever engaged. 



It is so... unforgettable, over the top, trendy, chandaliers out the wazoo, edgy, extravagant, and I could go on for days.  I feel like I could die happy if I had my wedding reception at Zaza.  Dramatic much? lol

Hotel Zaza is in the most perfect and ideal location because it is literally down the street from our church.  And the views are breathtaking.  If we go with the downstairs ballroom we get a view of the fancy fountain, and if we go with the 11th floor ballroom we get an incredible view of Herman Park and downtown.  

Part of me feels like I am not cool enough to have a reception there, lol. 

A sort of poo poo-ed the idea of Zaza at one point because he was under the impression that it was more fancy-trashy with like photos of naked people hanging up and all that animal print.  But when I toured there with my Mom on Saturday, the only weird thing we saw was a painting of a girl and she had a goat's head instead of a little girl head.  I don't know, the decor is very Andy Warhol does Victorian Era.  I just totally am in love with all the chandaliers everywhere.  And the space is big enough for everyone comfortably, which my other favorites haven't been able to provide from what I can tell.  When I told A how amazing the place was, he had a change of heart and switched his No to a Maybe.  He's a good man ;)  So much for that $2000 wedding idea...

No comments: