Saturday, January 29, 2011

Gals about town!


Oh my goodness, Saturday was busy!  Since A opted out of visiting more venues I enlisted my trusty Mom to be my date on the appointments.  My mom is actually the perfect person to take along because she knows like 8000 good questions to ask.  When it is just me, the catering manager or whomever will show me the space, and my response is 'ooh, how pretty' and that is about it.  My mom on the other hand - 'this space seats how many comfortably?' 'where would the buffet be set up?' 'how big is the dance floor?' 'where do the guests park?' 'what color linens are included in the rental?'.  So bringing her along got me mega information that I wasn't sure I even needed!  It was a pretty fun day, we looked at all the venues, ate lunch at Monarch.  Whenever I do something I feel is very hip, I comment 'gals about town!' because I feel like I am in my personal episode of Sex and the City or something, lol.  I guess I don't get out much...  Here is my Mom, enjoying lunch on the patio on this lovely January day in Houston. 



No comments: