Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Invite Updates

After much deliberation and number crunching, we have decided to go with invitation #2!  I picked this one because I love the sparkle, and out of all the wedding invitations I have received in my day, I haven't ever gotten one like this.






But of course, there is a snag in this plan.  I admit, I probably should have gotten invites squared away a month or two ago so I wouldn't be rushing...but I didn't, and time seems to have gotten away from me.  My goal is to get these babies out on November 7th.  So my other goal was to get these ordered this week.  Like Monday.  But alas, I emailed Envy Marketing asking about a couple color modifications, and how soon my order could be fulfilled, and I have yet to get an email back.  I am certain she is busy making beautiful invitations - her feedback is 100%!  But her lack of response have made me quite wary of my ability to meet the November 7th goal.  

So what do I do?  Well, a picture is worth 1000 words...
This is what $40 at Hobby Lobby gets you.

I went walking around the Hobby Lobby at lunch today, just to see what I could find, and I found all these fantastic things and felt confident that I could make a similar but not completely copied invite like #2.  Inspired by, if you will.  And I made some practice printouts on the practice paper.  This weekend I am going to attempt assembly.  If I can pull this off, that will be some big time savings!  

Does anyone have any advice for invitation making?  Or really any DIY words of wisdom they can lend?

2 comments:

a_mo said...

OOoh, I think you could do it, especially since you have help. Where will you get the text printed? Or are you doing it at home? T

Unknown said...

Those are gorgeous! Just perfect your first copy and then begin the rest! Good luck, I'm sure it will be great!