Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Evan and Kayla's Wedding!


Last weekend my Mom and I took a short drive down to Galveston for the wedding of Evan and Kayla.  Evan is the son of my Mom's boss, and I was my Mom's date.  I hadn't actually met Evan or Kayla before their wedding day, but even still, had a lovely time nonetheless!

We got there early so we decided we needed a wine break:
Isn't that place fancy??


E and K couldn't have picked a better day to get married, let me tell you.  The weather was perfect.  Not just a nice non-rainy day, but literally perfect - 80 degrees, light breeze, etc.  The could got married outside in this little grotto area of this picturesque hotel.
And aren't they just adorable??

After the ceremony we went inside for cocktail hour.  The bar was open, and we had fruit and cheese and crackers and some passed hors d'oeuvres which were tasty.  Soon after we were seated and got our buffet dinner on!  We had salads and stuffed chicken and mahi mahi with vegetables and a pasta station. Yum!  We stopped to snap a pic of my Mom and her co-workers.  I tried to stay out of this pic, but no one would let me.
The Mustang Engineering Payroll Department, and Natalie!

After dinner we danced to a really fun DJ

And had cake!

And the best thing ever, the groom and the groomsmen serenaded the bride with You've Lost that Lovin' Feelin' a la Top Gun, and it was hilarious and oh so cute...




Such a good time!  Congrats to the happy couple, they were beaming all night :)




No comments: