Thursday, April 28, 2011

Flowers I am Loving

Happy 9 months until your wedding, Natalie!

When I think about my impending nuptials, my mind tunnel visions to invitations and flowers.  I was googling pictures of bouquets with such intensity, I felt like my wedding was in two hours.  Is that weird?  I realize that these are merely 2 things out of the 50 or so that need to get done, but who knows where thoughts come from, they just appear!  (Bonus points if you know the movie I just quoted, lol)  I need to seriously try to stay out of panic mode, it doesn't do me any favors.  Though during my frantic search, I did find some flowers that I just adore, so I thought I'd share!  I will also post the meaning of each flower, because I like secret meanings and symbols of things. (Language of Flowers) You can find the picture sources by googling the flower name.


                                                      Peony - Shame or bashfulness (eep...)
Stephanotis - Happiness in Marriage

Lily of the Valley - Trustworthy
Garden Roses - Love (but a lot of meaning depends on the color)
Calla Lily - Purity

I think those flowers are just lovely!  I need to check them with what is in season in January so I can get good prices.  Though it is January, so probably nothing is in season, except maybe roses because Valentine's Day will be right around the corner.  Are there any other super neat or pretty flowers that perhaps I overlooked?  Let me know!

No comments: