Friday, April 29, 2011

...Kate Middleton stole my look.

Ok you guys, I totally didn't care very much about the Royal Wedding.  I have no ties to the couple, I never watched them on reality tv, or saw them on TMZ too often.  The whole thing was a big yawn for me.  I did want to see what dress she chose though - partly because she is a gorgeous girl, and partly because what she wears is going to mold upcoming bridal fashion.  Well I'll tell you, she looked stunning.  And my Mother can vouch for me that I wanted a dress with sleeves, because it will be January, and I had kind of envisioned a like strapless plain thing with a lace overlay for the sleeves, so I don't look too grandma, yet appropriate for winter and church.  I conjured this look in my head based upon this dress I saw this horrible Staten Island woman wearing in MTV True Life - I am getting married, which aired in like 2002 (where he lovely husband was telling the late arriving limo driver that he was going to gut him like a fish over the phone.).  Sadly, I cannot find a picture of her dress on the internet anywhere!  But if you take Kate's dress and replace the lace with just a plain toole looking lace and take away the sweetheart neckline, that is it! 
She totally stole my look. (lol)

6 comments:

Zowye said...

Actually I am on the same boat as you too but I am not marrying anytime sooner. So by the time I actually get married I will be too old to wear the dress of my dreams. Lol. I always wanted a dress similar to Kate's. Oh boy now I have to twitch my design a bit more. Lace towards the neck open in the middle like hers but with a square neckline. Well at least this shows that we have similar taste and that we agree that Kate made a good wedding dress choice. Between I remember the wedding from MTV True Life. Nice choice girl!

Melina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melina said...

Sorry! I was trying to get this video for you:

http://www.eonline.com/videos/v101267_kate-middleton's-dress-copies-revealed.html

Kate Middleton's KopyKat Dress!

said...

Thanks Melina! And Oe - I think every bride should wear her dream dress! :)

Keila said...

Do you watch Say Yes to the Dress? I love wedding dresses and would so get married again just to wear another dress!