Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wedding Weight Loss


Ok gang, we are getting near the six month mark and it is crunch time (literally!).  For those who do not know me in real life, I am not a small lady.  I had some glory days in the beginning of high school where I was really good at sticking to a diet and was more active, and even then I was just average sized.  As of now, I like to eat food that is bad for me, and I hate exercising.  So I can't say that I am surprised in any way that my body looks the way it does.  In any event, there is lots of room for improvement in the category of health and fitness.  A smart Natalie would have hit the gym like a Jersey shore girl back in November when I got engaged, because the thought of being my current level of fatness in a wedding dress makes me cringe.  But I put it off, and kept eating cake like it was going out of style, and here we are. 
I am happy to report that starting this week my mom/walking buddy have agreed to go walking around the neighborhood in the evenings after dinner.  We have gone twice already, yay us!  And my eating habits have just been okay.  I have stopped eating desserts at such a high level, and try to get the portion control in check, but I am still sometimes grabbing a fast food lunch that isn't a salad, and eating fried crap and pizza. 
Aaron and I are going to Dallas to visit some friends this weekend, so I think I will try to eat well when we go, but we are going to have a diet makeover extreme starting next week.  And I think I need to step up the workouts also, because I don't think 30 mins of walking is going to cut the mustard.  In an ideal world I would wake up 45 minutes earlier and do some working out in the AM and PM, but sleepy Natalie fights that idea 97% of the time.  Another thought I had was to just work out my arms and abs really well, because I can hide a big bum under a poufy dress.  I am pretty sure weightloss doesn't quite work like that, unfortunately.  And Aaron already said no to using our wedding monies to buy liposuction, lol.

So before I formulate my master fitness plan, does anyone have any good tips of how to drop some (or a lot of) pounds?  I am all ears!!

7 comments:

heidi :) said...

I LOVE the site www.sparkpeople.com - there are so many uplifting people on there, it's free, there are healthy recipes, and there's groups you join up on... like Brides groups and everything!! It's awesome :)

Anonymous said...

You should do weight watchers. It is easy to follow and will teach you how to eat better. Also if you have a smart phone it is easy to track your points.

Annie

Jen said...

I have two comments.
I think that you shouldn't feel pressured to lose weight for your wedding. Aaron thinks that you are beautiful or he wouldn't be getting married to you. And when I met you at Jeremy's wedding, I thought you were one of the cutest girls there-a little snappy dressing goes a long way! It makes me sad that the wedding industry (and society in general) makes such a big deal over people's size. You can be healthy and cute at any size!

However, a walking routine will help you feel less stressed and give you more energy for all the wedding planning ahead. If you really want to lose some weight, weight watchers online is really good and really easy to stick with. I did it a few years ago and it was kind of like a budgeting game. You can still have cake but maybe just a small piece and eat a small lunch. I ate ice cream every day almost and made my goal weight in about eight months.

Judy Conaton said...

I had great success with Weight Watchers Online when I lived in Madison. They make it very easy and I think that as an accountant, you'd actually really enjoy playing with your Points. :)

Chris started Weight Watchers before the wedding and he did a GREAT job with it.

I signed up for a meal plan website two weeks ago called ezmeals and so far I really like it. I signed up for the "portion control" plan and it actually gives you Points values for all the meals. The meals have been healthy, yummy, and most importantly EASY! I am very impressed so far.

That's my two cents. :)

Stylish Bliss with MiMi said...

Lots and lots of protein in the morning. Revs up your metabolism!

said...

Thanks for the advice, guys!

Anonymous said...

My friend Nanette (you saw her at Lauren's shower) had eyelash extensions and they came out great.She's had them done twice. GG