Monday, January 9, 2012

Cake! from Alphorn Bakery

I have not talked about cake in quite some time, and that just doesn't seem right!

So in order to not use all of my vacation days in the first week of the year, I made an appointment to meet with our cake baker at 7 in the morning last Friday.  I am glad that bakers start their days so early!

I had talked about some rough ideas when we first met with Peter at Alphorn Bakery but that was ages ago at this point.  It was also my first wedding cake consultation, so I didn't know what I was doing or what to expect.  Now that I have been around the wedding cake block about 4 times, I felt more able to convey what I want.

When I started this wedding process, I thought that for the most part I would find things that I like and have it turned into a cake.  Well, it turns out I like almost everything I see.  So trying to incorporate 7 different cake concepts into one cake is ridiculous.

So what I ended up doing is bringing in our cake topper, which is a miniature version of our wedding crowns, and explaining our theme and colors, and then left it to the professionals.  All the cakes I have seen are gorgeous, so I am going to trust the expertise of the bakery that mine will follow the same trend.  I did leave a few pictures of things I likes for a jumping off point, but the finished product will be a surprise to me!

And our idea for Aaron's grooms cake is really cute, and very Aaron, and I am excited to see how it turns out as well :)

Here are the inspiration pictures I left with Peter, so our cake could possibly look something like these:




Checking the cake off the to-do list!  Yes!
 

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

2 weeks and 4 days to gooooooo!!!!!

said...

Yay!!!