Friday, March 18, 2011

Engagement Photo Thoughts

It is a scam created by photographers!  Only kidding.

I think, back in the day, you only took an engagement photo (singular) for your announcement in the newspaper...
I really love looking at engagement photos of other people.  I think that they are far more interesting than wedding photos usually.  Like 'here's us with my grandparents' 'here's us with the wedding party'...  Totally special to you (the couple) sure, but for your average facebook stalker friend - yawn.  I guess engagement photos these days are much more fun and personalized, and you can wear whatever you want and take them whereever you want.  The only downside I see to these is that a lot of photographers get super mushy and have all these pics of you and your guy kissing and stuff.  I don't really want to look at that framed in my living room.  And I certainly don't want to send it to my Mom, or my Aunts and Uncles!  So aside from putting said photos on flickr and facebook for people to ooh and aah over, I don't much see a practical point for them.  And I don't know, the whole thing seems better suited for more attractive people than A and I.  We are total trolls.  (kidding.)
But yeah, the super deal I got on save the dates are ones that require a few pictures.  Ugh.  And since I decided a while back that I didn't want to carve out any of our budget for engagement photos, I am going to improvise. 
I have a digital camera, and a perfectly good little brother.
So at some point A and I may go buy a new outfit or two and take a few family friendly photos together.  Nothing too mushy though.  lol 

No comments: