Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Enjoy Your Stay

Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks

I thought trying to get a block of hotel rooms at a reasonable price in this neighborhood was going to be a waste of time.  For some reason everything 'in the loop' of Houston is overpriced.  There are plenty of 'reasonably' priced hotels in the area, but they are kind of gross looking.  Most of my family is coming from San Antonio/Austin area, so they may need a place for a night, maybe 2 - so my mom suggested something under 100 would be good.  Well when you check travelocity/hotels.com/etc., all the area hotels that aren't gross are like $120.  So I am thinking, if this is from a 'discount' website, that is probably the best I am going to get.  Plus a lot of my relatives have hookups or want reward points from their hotel brand of choice - Marriott, or Hilton, whatever - so they may not want to even bother with my room-block.  But then I think of the cost for all of A's family and friends, coming from at least 3 states away, mainly Nevada.  I know not everyone will be able to come, but those who do will have a plane ticket, probably a car rental, and a couple nights in a hotel - that adds up crazy fast.  Long story short, I emailed the top 6 non gross hotels closest to the church (because staying downtown would be more annoying to navigate probably) and said - looking for a group rate for our wedding weekend.  Some gave an ok discount, like $99 instead of $119.  But the Crowne Plaza gave us $69 per night instead of the $109 rate.  Hello 40% off!  So I am glad my efforts were rewarded!  And it is a great location, and close by to a bunch of cool stuff.  Yay!
A is the Hotel
B is the Church
C is the Petroleum Club

Getting excited!

No comments: