Sunday, March 27, 2011

Registered!

Keeping Martha Stewart in Business.

Registering is so much fun, you guys!  This comes as no surprise to me, because one of my favorite things to do that keeps my spending in check is to add stuff to my amazon.com wishlist.  It sometimes feels like actually buying it...lol.  But needless to say, my wishlist stands at about 17 pages.  I figure I will buy all that stuff eventually!  I was delighted that A had as much fun as I did scanning housewares all around Macy's.  We only went to the actual Macy's store to for the registering.  Stores these days make it so easy to register online, so that is just what I did!  I was sort of torn between which stores to choose.  We figured a low priced place and a moderately priced place.  I knew I wanted Macy's because A and I are obsessed with Martha Stewart (I don't know why, we just are.) and her line is exclusive to Macy's.  Target seemed like a good lower cost place, but I had reservations because I have heard their return policy isn't that great, and A pretty much owns everything he wants from Target already - so we decided to go with amazon instead (and the universal registry button is awesome!).  But then everything I was reading says you need to register for 2-3 gifts per person you are inviting.  That is like 500 things or more?!  We just don't need that much stuff.  But I tried to stretch it out and got on board with Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn for little decorative stuff.  It is difficult because A and I don't even know where we are going to live after we get married yet, so no telling how much space we will have for a million kitchen gadgets, or what we will be working with as far as decorating stuff needed.  If you are reading this - please know that your attendance is gift enough for us!  But in case you are curious, here is what we picked out:











No comments: