Wednesday, June 1, 2011

April Flowers bring May Showers

Bridal Showers, that is!  So we (Annie and Summer and myself) threw Angela a bridal shower on Sunday before Aaron and I left back to Houston, it was really really fun!  The theme was vintage sassy housewives, because Angela is a PhD student in History, and it was just so her style.  We had the guests wear aprons and pearls, and Summer had the guests send in recipes and compiled a little cookbook for Angela.  We had it at Annie's house, which is like the most perfect party throwing house if I ever saw one - and she made all the food (and so many things from scratch, what?!), and it turned out AWESOME!  Everything turned out so good you guys, I was seriously impressed with us!

Some Decor - Aren't those yarn balls cool?!

I made that!  And I am so not crafty, lol

The spread: Quiches, sherbet punch, bundt cake, mini tea sandwiches, spinach meatballs and little bruschettas 

Everything was soooo yum!



There is the bride! 

Playing games

Toilet Paper wedding gowns!


We had a crasher.  lol

I was in charge of games for the event, and to be honest, I was suuuuper nervous.  I love playing shower games, but some crowds seem not so into it.  And the only ones I knew were my co-hosts and Angela.  Turns out everyone had fun with them, so that was awesome.  We played a 'guess the celebrity couple' game where I just printed off 20 photos of celebrity couples and we guessed who they were (duh).  A 'guess the spice' game, where I passed around a bunch of different unlabeled spices and everyone guessed what they were.  That game was actually a little difficult!  Then we had a toilet paper wedding dress fashion show, which was hilarious.  And lastly we played 'How well does Angela know Erik' where everyone guessed how many questions out of 20 she would get right.  The joke is, the questions are sort of ridiculously hard, and every time she gets one wrong she had to chew a piece of gum.  So by the end, you have a sizable wad of gum in your mouth, lol.  Angela was a good sport about it though! Then we ate cake and opened gifts and all that fun stuff!  It was a great afternoon, and I think Angela really enjoyed it!  And her friends and family are totally cool and it was so great meeting everyone :)  And we get to go back in September for the wedding, SUPER YAY!

No comments: