Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cake!

My favorite topic! :)

So we have come to that portion of the program where we need to figure out a cake concept and find a bakery to make it!  I have had a couple referrals of some good places around town that are reasonably priced, so I just need to schedule a time for Aaron and I to go sample some of the goods.  This will no doubt be my favorite part of wedding planning, I can already tell!

As far as cake concept goes, I am still proceeding with caution.  We don't have a humongous cake budget, and we need it to feed 200+ people, so I have no idea what I can afford at this point.  I only know the obvious - the more detailed = more expensive, fondant = $$$, regular icing = $$.  With that being said, here is the picture dump of cakes I like from the internet!  (they are all from http://www.weddingchannel.com/)


I like the interesting texture on this cake.  Aaron is like dead set against fondant because he claims it tastes horrible, so I think something like this could make everyone happy.

I think the details on this cake are just gorgeous!  It is just my style too.  I like simple, with a touch of something to give it some personality. 

I sort of dig the square shape.  And I adore the vibrant colors, and how each tier is a different design.

I like how the middle tier is different, and I like the birds on top :)

I like this cake because it is tall, and I like the criss-cross-ish design.  Very modern looking.

Bows <3

How cool looking is this?

I like all the different shapes, makes a simple cake much more interesting!

Man, I wish I had some cake right now.

No comments: