Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Love

My Labor Day weekend was pretty fantastic.  My Mom and I headed down to Austin to see my Aunt Gloria and Uncle Howard, and my Granny and cousins came over too.  We ate barbecue and swam and visited and had a lot of fun.  It was really great to catch up with everyone, especially my bridesmaid/cousin Heather.  

Heather and Aunt Gloria

Well speaking of gifts from heaven, Heather's husband Randall's family owns a flower shop (two actually) in the Austin area, so my Mom and I went with intentions to get some advice on how best to DIY our centerpiece idea.  Florists around here are a little out of reach price wise, and I figure we could probably do a good job ourselves.  Time was really the issue - who knows how busy we will be on the days leading up to the big day.  Well Aunt Gloria and Uncle Howard offered/insisted that they and Randall were going to cover the flowers for the wedding - creating and financing!  Which is so awesome because the flowers at Heather and Randall's wedding were absolutely gorgeous!  But yeah, I couldn't believe it... Aaron and I have been saving and such because we didn't want to burden anyone with costs for our day, and we are learning that stuff adds up quick.  So it is such a wonderful blessing to have this area covered, and we are so appreciative of the generosity of everyone, even with their time.  Sometimes I am just overcome with how lucky I am to have my family, they are truly wonderful to Aaron and I.  <3  

No comments: