Sunday, September 11, 2011

Photography


Today after church Aaron and I met with the lovely Erica Moncada, photographer.  She was referred to us by one of my co-workers who was a former classmate of hers, and we were excited to finally get to meet!  We got to look at lots of pictures of her work and went over different photo finishes and styles.  It was neat to learn about photography things, an area I know nothing about!  
With photography, I really think the pictures speak for themselves, and I really dig her style which is a mix of traditional shots along with the neat artsy ones, such as the one above.  Plus her prices are totally reasonable and we are getting a million things in our package, along with 2 photographers and an assistant for the big day, in what some photographers want for just 5 hours of shooting only.  

Our runner up was also recommended by very good friend Jenn and Morgane, Photographer Jojo Marion.  If only we could hire both!  He is a fashion photographer out of Austin who has taken the most incredible photos (on his website), especially of baby Lucy, who is my bbf (baby best friend).  I was told he'd give us a deal too because he is looking to break into the wedding scene.  I just was feeling bad that he' have to come all the way from Austin, and I gotta be honest, I am slightly intimidated by a fashion photographer.  It seems way fancy for our speed, and our ugly mugs.  Jk, we aren't that ugly...lol, but still.

I am pretty happy with our choice and I am confident that Erica will get some great shots for us that we will cherish for a lifetime :)


2 comments:

Saying I do said...

glad you found a photographer! that's always such a good feeling to check off one more important vendor off the list!

said...

thanks, and you are right, such a good feeling to check stuff off the list! :)