Monday, September 19, 2011

Updates and such!

If my schedule were a picture...

Hey guys!  Just wanted to do a general update and take a break from the 'look what I bought!' posts. :)

Last week was sooooo busy.  I was out and about every night of the week at either class, or a baseball game or church.  By the time Friday rolled around I was super exhausted.  So that resulted in a major lazy weekend, which I thoroughly enjoyed. 

Saturday my Mom and I went shopping and I got a few new tops, so that was fun.  We also attempted to find some more vases and light up tree things that we are going to make into centerpieces - so we were a tad productive!

I got a call last week from Alfred Angelo that my dress was here already!  We didn't get a chance to go pick it up, but my Mom made a good point: rather than lug the dress all the way home only to bring it back for alterations a few weeks later, I should just wait so I can knock it all out of the way at one time.  So my Mom gets the efficiency award for the week, lol.

This Wednesday is our tasting at the Petroleum Club!  I am super excited about this :)  It is going to be at lunchtime and we could have 4 people come, so my Mom and little brother are coming with Aaron and I.  When I spoke with our venue coordinator, she reminded me of the Club's dress code, so we are are going to get all dolled up and eat a fancy downtown lunch. 

Wednesday evening I am going to try and meet up with my friends for some much needed girl time, which I am also looking forward to!

Then Thursday evening Aaron and I are off to Vegas for Angela and Erik's wedding!  Super yay!  I love that Aaron is from Las Vegas, we get to go there all the time which is awesome!  Sorry I am going nuts with the exclamation marks!  lol.  I'm not sure what the exact schedule is but there is talk of a Greek Festival going on, a girls night on Friday, getting hairdo's at the blowdry bar on Saturday, an all dessert reception (omg,yay.), brunch with the newlyweds on Sunday.  So lots of fun things going on, so looking forward to the trip!  And Aaron, while looking forward to the trip as well, is mega excited that fate has smiled upon us and we should be checked into the hotel in time to not miss any of the new Thursday night TV shows (Parks & Rec, The Office, etc.).  We are TV addicts, and it is very sad.  But we get back Monday afternoon, so we should have a good long weekend trip!

School is going well, and I am staying on top of all my class work for the most part.  The bummer about this trip for the weekend is that I am coming back to a test on Tuesday, and I am missing tests on Thursday and Friday - so I am making up one of them Thursday, and the other one I can't retake, so whatever I get on my final will count twice.  Eek!  I am really thankful that I got good advice from fellow classmates about the courses I am in, so everything is manageable and not super challenging or time intensive. 

I am getting super excited for my upcoming bridal shower in San Antonio.  A little over a month away!  I already got a super cute dress to wear too :)

The diet, eh, things could be going better.  I sort of majorly fell off the wagon for the entire week.  I know being busy isn't a good excuse, but it is my excuse nonetheless.  When I get back from Las Vegas I am really going to hit it hard, and also add some exercise to the mix.  It has finally cooled off in this city, and the small bit of trees and nature for now has stopped catching fire so it is safer to breathe the air - no excuse to not exercise!  And I need to just give my photo with a sign to not serve me to all the fast food places around my workplace.  Maybe I should take a couple hours and re-watch Super Size Me...

And we are nearing the 4 month mark on the countdown to the wedding!  I have the bridesmaid dresses picked out (they are the ones from this post), so the action items for the rest of the month:  follow up that everyone has gotten their dresses, find some invites that I like so I can order them next month, book the cake maker.  Not too bad!

I think I have covered most everything that I can think of.  I'll have lots of fun posts to do for the next couple of weeks!  How are things with you?


2 comments:

Kayleigh said...

Hi Natalie!

Not sure how you feel about this since it's kind of "cheating" but maybe it will help... I've been on Phentermine (the safer half of FenPhen) for a couple of months and have been able to lose 20 lbs fairly easily. My gf started a little before me and has lost 30.

I'd be happy to give you more info about it if you'd like. Just send me an email: kayleighe at gmail dot com

said...

ooh, thanks!