Saturday, August 13, 2011

I found the dress!

What a sigh of relief, I can cross this item off the list!!!

When I went dress shopping last week I found two dresses that I really liked.  They were solid 8's.


So today I had an appointment with Alfred Angelo.  If Davis's Bridal is Wal-Mart, Alfred Angelo is Target.  Not a giant zoo/freak show, but still a good selection and reasonable prices.  I was not really looking forward to this appointment at first because I looked at the selection of dresses for the larger gals and nothing really stood out to me.  I really should not be so quick to judge because they actually had several really nice dresses that I liked a lot.  But I tried on 'The One' and fell in love all over again (sorry Aaron!).  And my Mom totally cried, lol.

So the dress is going to wait to be revealed at the wedding of course, but let me just tell you that it is perfect!  I never really pinpointed what I 'envisioned' myself looking like on the big day,  which is the very first question these bridal consultants will ask you when you go in for your appointment.  But it was made apparent when I saw myself in the mirror.  The dress was so elegant and felt like 'Natalie'.  I felt like I looked undeniably beautiful, which I think every bride should feel.  And then we put on my Mom's veil that she wore when she married my Dad nearly 33 years ago, and it matched the dress spot on!  I loved the way I looked, and secondly, I felt really excited.  Like ta-da you are getting married, for real, not just throwing a giant party.  So that was cool and fun :)  And if you don't think it is possible (like maybe white dresses just can't get you all that pumped), you just need to keep looking, because the perfect dress is out there!  I mean seriously, there are literally 400ish dresses between the two stores alone....  Ladies, don't ever settle for less than a 10, because even if for only one day, you deserve it!




5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is wonderful! Congrats to you! I love Alfred Angelo! I feature several of those dresses on my blog. So happy you found the one and experienced the feeling!

Stylish Bliss with MiMi said...

Congratulations!!!

Megan said...

Yay!! I can't wait to see what it looks like! Congrats on finding it! I had a really rough experience finding mine, but when I did I was so thrilled, so I am sure you are too!

Saying I do said...

Yayyyy!! Congratulations! That is the best feeling in the world and I can't wait to see it!

Shannon said...

I would love to know which dress you chose. But I guess we'll all just have to wait!

And I totally agree with you on finding THE dress. My original plan was to have my mom make my dress. I went into the salon thinking I was just trying some on to get a feel for my custom design. Two days later, I was putting a deposit on a beautiful off-the-rack number. And I don't regret it for one second!!