Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Three Brothers Bakery


Last Friday Aaron, my Mom and I had our appointment at Three Brother's Bakery.  They are a really cool, really award winning bakery here in town that has been around for something like 60 years.  And they are family owned, which is another really cool thing that I like. 

Here is a list taken from their website:

Recently we have been humbled with several accolades and honors by our loyal customers and foodies:
  • As seen on Food Network's Outrageous Food
  • Chosen Best Pecan Pie "America has to offer" by Country Living - November 2010
  • Preferred Bakery of the Houston Astros Birthday Parties
  • 2011 Best Chocolate Cake MyFOXHouston
  • Best Bakery 2010 - KPRC CityVoter Poll
  • The Knot Best of Weddings 2010 & 2011 Pick
  • Best Bakery 2010 & 2011 - Houston's Culinary Stars - HTexas Magazine
  • Pastry Chef of the Year Nominee 2010 & 2011 - Robert Jucker
  • Chosen by The Houston Chronicle Food Editor, Greg Morago, to collaborate and bring to life his idea of the Pumpecapple Piecake
  • Readers Choice Best Bakery - Houston Press - 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and other years
  • NAWBO Woman Business Owner of the Year 2009
  • WBEA Supplier of the Year 2008
  • Readers Ultimate Birthday Cake 2005 - Houston Chronicle
  • Best Bread - Houston Press - 2002
So yeah, they are pretty good.  We sampled, I believe, nine different types of cake which were very delicious.  The lovely young lady who was helping us design our cake was super nice and friendly and had some really creative ideas for designing our cake, with sugar snowflakes falling between the tiers.  I mean, awesome, right??  The final price tag was competitive with other bakeries aside from our super cheap find, Alphorn.  I just really like this place and feel like I am supporting something good if I were to go with them.  It is going to be a tough choice!

1 comment:

Janice Jucker said...

What a nice post - thank you! We hope we are honored with the creation of your wedding cake. Nia showed me your design, and I loved it. Although I did not get to meet you, I hope to do so one day soon.

Congratulations and much happiness to you both,
Janice Jucker
Owner
Three Brothers Bakery