Monday, August 29, 2011

More Poor Internet Choices

I got my wedding band in from Amazon.com.  It is perfectly lovely and just as I thought it would be.


My apologies for the horrible photography

There is a problem though.  While this ring is gorgeous by itself, I don't think it goes very well with my engagement ring :(  The band is just so dainty looking and my engagement ring makes it look teeny.  It's like my engagement ring is Marilyn Monroe and my wedding band is Audrey Hepburn.    It is hard to tell by the pictures, but there you go.  


So thankfully I have a 30 day window to return it and get a refund.  I think the problem is that I just picked a band I thought was beautiful without concern for matching with my engagement ring.  Pave settings look better alone I think, or you at least need some on your engagement ring as well otherwise they don't look like they go together at all.  Much like wedding gowns, you probably should buy a ring in person and not online.  Darn you Internet, your convenience has fooled me again!  Back to the drawing board!

No comments: