Monday, August 1, 2011

Centerpiece Idea

It is T-6 months until the big day!  I am feeling a bit overwhelmed because school is starting in a few weeks and I was totally going to have everything pretty much planned by now, so I can focus on my learning.  We aren't quite there yet.... 

However, lucky us (my mom and I), because right down the street from where we live a HUGE Joann's craft and fabric place opened up.  I think this may be one of my mother's favorite stores, so she was there the first day it opened, lol.  And did she find a gem:
That's right!  David Tutera, of My Fair Wedding fame, has a whole line of wedding decor things at Joann's now.  So fun!  I used to be a huge fan of that show, but it has sort of turned into "David Tutera Tries to Turn my Circus Wedding into Something Attempting to Resemble Elegance Show". Thankfully some brides' (err...) unique (?) tastes are left out of the design/style of these pieces.

The design theme I am trying to have in the reception is one of a winter wonderland kind of look.  Think snow covered trees, lots of white and silver, and sparkle. 

My mom found this super cool lighted tree branch thing:

And it is kind of hard to see, but the picture there on the bottom of the box is the look we are going to try to recreate with our collective DIY skills.  Here is the picture from the Joann's website, but the bottom part is cut off :\

But I am pretty excited, if we can pull it off I think it will look really cool!  And I love the bonus of getting a lit up look without creating a fire hazard at the top of a skyscraper.

I will post the pics once we have a completed centerpiece making dress rehearsal, send us some good crafty vibes :)

2 comments:

Rooster78240 said...

I like the whole Nikkola Tesla electric arcs meets winter wonderland vibe with the lighting.
Congrats again Nat. Love you much.
-Chris

Stylish Bliss with MiMi said...

Love it!! Can't wait to see the finished products!!