Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cakes by Gina Appointment


Hi Friends!  So sorry I haven't been updating regularly, shame on me.  I'll just get right to it, we had an appointment last Saturday with Cakes by Gina.  It went alright.  We did not meet Gina, but rather a nice lady Millie.  Well let me back up, we pull into the shopping center and it looks pretty rough.  So after asking Jesus to protect our cars in the parking lot, we went into the shop.  When we met with Alphorn Bakery we were just in a back room of this bakery.  Like we walked past all the ovens and giant mixers and stuff.  Cakes by Gina was much more 'we are pros in the wedding circuit' feel, we had a lovely table set up with fancy linens and such.  The cakes and fillings we tried were quite good, and they have all these different sized styrofoam shapes so you can stack them up and really visualize the cake look you are going for. 
A bit of criticism that I have is that while Millie was nice, I felt kind of rushed (I guess).  Like I have no idea what exactly I want each tier to look like or whatever, but she wanted answers right then and there.  So had I not been shopping around, I would have gotten a mediocre cake that I wasn't super into but I was suggestively sold.  So I wasn't a fan of that.  Plus their cake we 'designed' with delivery fees and everything was about $500 more than Alphorn, who has better tasting cake and whom we actually met with the baker and not some sales person. 
But don't get me wrong, their cake was very good, and they had so many fake cakes around to look at which was really cool to see all the different designs in person.  And if you need a groomscake idea, you should totally go to their website because they have TONS of pictures and ideas and they are the cutest!  OH and I almost forgot my favorite part:
We got to sample these cake truffles that were out of this world!

I could cake shop forever... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

$500 MORE? Geez... I would think $500 is a lot for a cake in the first place! I guess that's why we eloped :-) -April