Monday, August 29, 2011

Weight Loss Update #2


Yay Diets!  So I made it through Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet last week.  It was mostly easy to eat nothing but lean meat, vegetables and low fat cheese for 2 weeks.  There were only two times during the whole two weeks that I would have given my right arm for anything with sugar in it.  But I trudged along and made it - and lost 11 pounds!  Yes, 11!

And to top it off, my Mom was doing the diet with me, but I also recruited my MOH Katrina to do it as well, and she has lost like 9 pounds already!  We are going to be so hot at the wedding.  So hot.  lol

Phase 2 is much more lenient on what you can eat.  We can have some fruits now, and whole wheat bread things in moderation.  The main point is just to watch your weight loss and if you get stuck, you might be having too much bread, so cut back and you should be good.  

I think I do better with stricter rules because while 90% of the time I am eating what I should, there are times when Aaron and I go over to our friends Jenn and Morgane's house and eat a boatload of pizza and cupcakes.  So thus far in phase 2, I am only down 2 pounds.

But 13 so far isn't bad!  And I have been doing my Windsor Pilates Abs DVD which is totally wonderful.  It is only 20 mins long, and it is all toning stuff so you don't even get sweaty.  It claims that if you do the video 10 times you'll be down a whole pants size.  I don't know if that is true because I have only done it 7 consecutive times in a row before I gave up, but I am determined this time!  I have only done it twice and I am already seeing some results, so that is fun and motivating.  

The biggest challenge of late is that I go to school three nights a week now, and since fast food is not diet or budget friendly I have to brown bag all of my foods for the whole day.  It isn't super terrible or inconvenient yet, but it is only the first week.  I know three weeks from now I will be making a jillion excuses of how I can just pick up a quick burger on the way to school or whatnot.  I just need to keep my eye on the prize!  

So that is pretty much all that is going on with the diet, I'll update again in a few weeks!






1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Think smart if you have to get to go...
subway chicken sandwich = 316 cals but probably too many carbs
Chic-fil-a grilled chicken sandwich = 270 calories...those are good options :)