Wednesday, December 28, 2011

How to keep track of the RSVPs



Checking the mail has never been so much fun!  Every day a few more RSVPs come in, and it just brightens my stress-filled days.  I only wish it wasn't my wedding so that I'd have some quality hanging out time with everyone!

With a wedding the size of ours, there are a lot of people to keep track of on the guest list.  I am not sure if there is an easier way, but I thought I'd share my method of keeping track of everyone.


1. I keep all the incoming cards for back up.  And possibly a future scrap booking project.


2. I really have a deep love for excel spreadsheets.  Therefore, I have all of my invitees on a basic excel list with their addresses.  I use one line for each person, and if they are bringing an unknown to me person, I just have 'date' as a placeholder.


When I get in their RSVP they get highlighted on the left hand side so I know they wont need to get hunted down on January 8th.  And then on the left I put the number of people coming.  If they can't come, I just put a zero for good record keeping, lol.  


If there is a baby involved, I just put them behind a slash so I can keep the kid head count separate.  I am proud of page 1, almost all have responded!  Good job guys.

I am hoping that we will get a good amount of RSVPs in this week and next week because the deadline is January 7th.  I don't want to have to make a billion phone calls, but from what I read from other brides, it is pretty inevitable.  Until then, I will be anxiously waiting by the mail box :)


1 comment:

Megan said...

We had our RSVP's sent back to my Fiance's parents house because our mail is kind of sketch where we live, so unfortunately I didn't get to share in the joy of receiving the RSVP's. I love spreadsheets too, but I think that is the Accountant in me talking, haha! I did something similar with keeping track. We actually didn't have that many people to track down, but we still had some none the less. I hope you don't have a ton to track down!