Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I feel like this lately.


I am regretting having a wedding immediately following the the stressful holiday season...

It is really bumming me out that I have been so overwhelmed with a wedding to do list that I am totally not even enjoying the holiday season, which is the highlight of my whole year.  I feel like I am being cheated by my own self.  Little things that don't go according to how I want them to make me want to scream and break things.  It is pretty horrible.  I think I need to start doing some yoga or something.

We are 38 days away.  OMG!
And if you work full time, that is only 5 weekends, one of which is Christmas.  And only about 3 weeks of school break left. 

My to-do list:

Meet with cake baker/design cake
Get dress altered
Get Aaron's tux altered
Find a hair person
Have a hair trial
Take engagement pics with Erica
Get veil fixed to work with my hair-do
Buy a garter
Find a jacket thing or sleeves for my dress
Find the last 2 vases we need for centerpieces
Break in my wedding shoes
Buy more supplies for our favors
Finish making the favors
Order Church flowers
Decorate Church candles
Make a program design
Make programs
Book the Church Choir
Order clips for the pews
Make pew decorations
Make a sample centerpiece
Pick a bouquet that I want
Figure out flower order
Finalize attendant gifts
Make table numbers
Make place cards
Help Aaron de-clutter his apartment
Address and send out rehearsal invites
Make rehearsal dessert
Make rehearsal centerpieces
Make mani/pedi appointment
Order Jeff's tux shirt
Figure out how we are decorating the entry
Figure out my guest book vision
Assemble send off rose petals for throwing
Finish the marriage test our Priest gave us
Meet with Fr. James about marriage test
Meet with band
Meet with linens people
Make weekend itinerary
Coordinate with our 'day of' helpers
Call the non-RSVPers

That is all, no big deal.  And I probably left about 10 things off the list too...

As far as Christmas goes, I still need to get gifts for my step brother and sister, but other than that I am done.

You know, a month ago I had a much better attitude and was like, we are doing whatever, and I don't care, everything is wonderful and good.  Now I just look at that list and want to cry. 


This is supposed to be fun, right....?


4 comments:

Megan said...

I know how you feel. We are only 17 days out from ours so I feel your pain. Just start working on things a little bit at a time and it will come together. And make sure to enlist people to help. This will help your stress level a ton. I hope everything works out!

Saying I do said...

I hear ya..it's stressful no matter what time of year you have it, and everyone goes through this "i could break down at any moment" period...you'll be fine, you're in a great place and everything will get done!! Merry Christmas!!

Lindsey said...

awwwe, yes it's supposed to be fun. LET ME HELP. Call me, I'll come help you with stuff...your bridesmaids are all out of town and they are supposed to help (I had the same problem) so lean on your friends in town.

Seriously, I love this stuff and I have no kids and I'm not going to school (wow I'm a loser) and I can totally help you :)

a_mo said...

Awww! I know how you feel (I was there-- making lists obsessively in class instead of taking notes!), but I know you can do this. Remember to breathe and delegate!