Monday, December 12, 2011

Wedding Tuxedos

Getting the mens all suited up has been a relatively easy journey.  Well kind of.

My dream was to have midnight blue tuxedos way back when, but apparently I just dreamt them up in my mind because they only exist in suit form.  I would have been fine with suits, but it would have toned down the formality.  With bridesmaids in navy blue it might have been a little overkill though.

Then we have dear sweet Aaron.  He is so funny, for someone who is not that great of a dresser (but I still love him), he is awfully picky about what he wears.  So of course he decided that he was going to refuse to rent his wedding tux.  In his words - he is not wearing used clothes on his wedding day.  While I appreciate the sentiment, he acts like I am asking him to wear hobo clothes I bought at someones garage sale.  So I was concerned with this idea from the get go because I just want everyone to match and look like they are in the same wedding.  And I am so not about to ask people to pay hundreds of dollars for a tuxedo to wear once, after they are paying hundreds of dollars just to be there in the first place.  Also, I figure for $150 bucks (or however much it costs to rent a tux) you get to wear a nice designer tuxedo, and it fits you just right, it has all the pieces, they can matching the accessories with the bridesmaid colors, and it is just easy.  I am not looking for any extra complications with this stuff, you know?  And for the final portion of this rant...I think Aaron spending a lot of money on a tuxedo is beyond financially foolish.  We don't have hundreds of extra dollars in our budget to buy an expensive tuxedo, I don't want you to look like you are wearing a $100, ahem, cheap tuxedo, and I am willing to bet 5 bazillion dollars that this tux will never get worn again.  Make that ten bazillion.

But in an effort to choose my battles and keep the peace, Aaron bought a very reasonably priced tuxedo from JC Penney, and it actually looks pretty nice.



Oh, and Aaron also refused to wear a vest because he thinks they don't flatter his physique (which is totally ridiculous) and that it creates too many layers and he will be hot (which is also ridiculous, it is January!)  So the guys are doing just black cummerbunds and bowties, and Aaron has silver ones so he is special.  Mozart, to be precise.





So Aaron told the guys what was up, and they all agreed to purchase these tuxedos.  I still have ushers and a grandpa though.

I called my grandpa today and told him we were buying tuxedos and he really wasn't into that.  He told me about this guy Al who has a tuxedo place in the mall by his house (Al's formal wear) and that I should call Al and see what kinds of deals they have, lol.

Lucky for me, there is an Al's on my way home from work, so here's what I did.  I printed out the photos of the tuxedos from JC Penney and took them into Als and hoped I would not get stink eyed.  The lady there was super nice and showed me the matching tux model that looked just like the one the others bought.  Win!

So now everyone can be happy and rent or buy their wedding outfit, and I can check this off the list more or less!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

this is hilarious!

Michael said...

simply the best wedding tuxedos ... and it will attractive to watch