Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Our Winter Wonderland Wedding Invites - Part 2

I bet you thought I forgot, didn't you...

Refresh your memory with Part 1 here


I included 2 insert cards in our invitations.  The first was for accommodations and hotel info.  I also put our wedding website which has other hotels if you are brand loyal or don't like saving money.


Then we have a directions card to get to the church and the reception.  The directions to the church are good enough, but the reception location is downtown - thus a little tricky.  Our plan was to put better directions and a map at the back of our wedding program.  That way you have it handy when you are headed there!


Then we of course had the RSVP card.  We kept it pretty simple, but made sure to include the deadline!


I knew I wanted to do postcard RSVPs to save on the postage.  Advice though - I thought I could just do a basic card stock but it was waaay too flimsy to get through the post office in one piece, so we added the back.  I think it is a nice touch and color contrast though, so that worked out well.  But wouldn't you know that postcard postage would go up one stinkin' cent from 2 months before when I got super cute polar bear stamps.  That Tiffany lamp stamp ruins the whole look of it!  Oh well.  


I didn't know what sort of box to put in front of the options, so I just went with a circle.  I made all of these in Microsoft Word, so my choices were limited.  I did get some back that were bubbled in like a scantron, and that made me laugh a little. :)


And that is our invitations.  My advice again, is that if you are brave enough to make your own wedding invitations, give yourself plenty of time.  It is a lot more work than it seems!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love that your reply by date is the day of my wedding, haha! I love your invites. They are so cute! I hate when the postage goes up. I was so worried about that stinkin postage that I actually took all of our stuff to the post office and weighed it the day we were sending them off so that I could make sure they were correct. Luckily they had some really cute wedding stamps that were the exact postage that we needed. I hope all of your planning is going well!